Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily Suspend Arlo Without Admin Account

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ryantrist
Follower
Follower

Hello All,

My brother and I live together with a couple of Arlo Pro 2s, linked up to a Base Station. We're both adults and enjoy the sense of security the cameras provide but, at times, it gets a little too Big Brother-y for my taste.

There have been a number of occasions where I want to be able to walk into/out of the house without being watched by the camera. He knew when I got him a birthday gift because he saw it on the camera – there's just a sense of lost privacy.

I don't want to take the cameras down but would love to be able to disable them for five minutes at a time. The issue is that he has the main/administrator account and doesn't seem particularly keen on giving it up/letting me in. Is there any way for non-admins to disable the cameras?

My current leading theory is that unplugging the wifi router disables the cameras, but I'm unsure whether that stops them from recording entirely or just forces the cameras to wait until the wifi is back to upload footage.

I'd appreciate any suggestions –– thank you!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, it sounds more like a relationship issue than one Arlo can fix. Since you were granted access, ask your brother if the additional access privileges were also activated for you. Ask nicely...  🙂

Unplugging the Ethernet cable will cause the system to not record to the cloud. Videos are not buffered anyplace for future upload. If a USB drive has been inserted the videos are recorded but not uploaded once the cable is reconnected. He would need to remove the drive from the base to view on a computer, which would seem to be an unlikely possibility.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation