Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sign in Problems

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AS207SRT
Follower
Follower

Hi.  Had serious router problems for the past few days but new router was installed Jan 22, 2024 and all is well but my cameras are still offline and I need your help to sign in.   

I don't know how to find my exact model number but I believe it is Pro2430p

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AS207SRT wrote:

I don't know how to find my exact model number but I believe it is Pro2430p

No it's not.

If you have an Arlo hub, look for a VMBxxxx label on it, and let us know what you find.

If the cameras can be opened, then remove them from the housing and take out the battery.  You'll find a label there.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming that you do actually have a Pro 2 (that's the section you posted in) the cameras may have depleted their batteries if you had turned your base off.

If you have VMC2430 Essential cameras, we need to know if you connected them through your home WiFi or to an Arlo hub (see the post above). If they're connected to your WiFi, the fastest/easiest thing to do is to rename your WiFi using the old SSID (network name) and password. A new router very likely uses a different name and password, explaining why the cameras don't connect. Your other choice would be to remove the cameras from your account and use the following procedure to reconnect them:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

If the cameras do connect through an Arlo hub, nothing should be needed other than to ensure the hub is connected to the new router through the Ethernet cable as well as ensuring the LED is blue. Of course, making sure the batteries are charged is also useful.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

If you have VMC2430 Essential cameras

@AS207SRT :  There is no VMC2430 model, though there is a system bundle called that (which has 4 VMC2030 cameras).

Its important to know what model you have.  The essentials don't open, but if you look carefully at the seal around the charging port you will find some low-contrast text that includes the model number.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation