Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Secure cloud

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Samlittle0815
Aspirant
Aspirant

When you purchase a product and they tell you that you have a 30 secure cloud so everything will be saved for the last 30 days.  I needed something fro yesterday 4/29/24 so I called support.  They said we no longer have them because I deleted the recording off my feed in the mobile app.  I said yes I did because I don’t need that many videos on my phone.  They said well your app is your secured cloud so if you deleted them off the app then you know longer have them.  Nowhere on the app, the website or the box it came it does it say that your phone is the secured cloud.  If you don’t tell customers that how are they supposed to know.  Then one representative try to tell me that I didn’t have the subscription that is why I was not getting the videos.   I said yes I do have one.   I just think it is false advertising that you say you have a secured cloud but don’t tell customers that it is on their cellphone and if you delete a video it is gone forever.  Because I need a video of were something of value was took from our room but I deleted them off my phone because I get 100 notifications a day now I can’t get the video because I was not informed my phone was the secured app.  The representative told me that I should of know that how would I know that if it doesn’t say it anywhere

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The videos are NOT on your phone unless you specifically download them. They';re stored in the cloud and you simply use the phone to access them. Deleting videos is something that many folks do and then they find out they need one back which isn't possible.

With the use of a SmartHub that the cameras are connected to you can use local recordings which don't get deleted like the cloud ones do. Maybe you should look into that for future use.