Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro2 Not Recording

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
brian47374
Follower
Follower

I have some cameras that are not recording motion. I have rebooted the base station and I have also made sure that the Motion Is Detected box is checked and Then Do The Following is set to Record.

Ever since updates some of these are not working properly. All have the same updates. I have removed ALL of the cameras and added them back and two of them are still not working properly regarding recording.

9 REPLIES 9
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Try resetting the problem cameras by pulling the camera battery for 10sec.

Use the camera settings motion sensor test to confirm the camera detects motion.

twofldogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

i just tried that. didnt work?? i get motion alerts on my phone just no recordings. nothing when you go to feed?  only thing i can do is go live and that works fine but no recordings. ive even looked up if something got changed and i need a subscription but i dont think so for the arlo pro 2 so i dont know whats going on. maybe someone can help me on here.  

i also have another camera that does require a subscription thta i cant get to work also. it worked perfectly until the free trial ( no subscription ) time ran out. i actually didnt know it needed a subscription when i bought it. my fault but anyhow when i learned that i ordered a script but never could make that camera work again??  wasnt sensing motion and never record??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@twofldogs wrote:

i just tried that. didnt work?? i get motion alerts on my phone just no recordings.

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?

twofldogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

i dont know how to record live streaming. but after you go to live streaming it will be the pic that comes up when you go to devices like it was the last motion alert.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While live streaming, click on the "bullseye" icon to start recording and then on the red dot to stop.

twofldogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok, someone told me how and i did it for like 10 seconds then went back to feed to see and still nothing there.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@twofldogs wrote:

ok, someone told me how and i did it for like 10 seconds then went back to feed to see and still nothing there.

So the recording appeared to be successful, but you didn't see any recordings?

Are you using the primary account?  Or is the camera shared with your account?

twofldogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, it seemed like it was recording a video but nothing on the feed. i am sorry but i do not understand the question about the account?? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you the original person that set up the system? That's the primary account. If you didn't set up the system and the owner shared the cameras with you, that could be the problem which the owner needs to resolve.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation