Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phone app no expand icon

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
RGElectric
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have both Pro2 and Pro 3 cameras.  On the phone app, I no longer have the expand icon to get full screen video.  

28 REPLIES 28
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which app? ARe you using the old user interface with Library or the new one with Feed to view videos?

RGElectric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure of the app version.  Most likely the older of the Two.  Everything was working to about Two weeks ago.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RGElectric wrote:

Not sure of the app version.  

Do you see "Library" on your main menu?  Or do you see "Dashboard" and "Feed"?

RGElectric
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is "Library " in the tool bar.

Don't see "dashboard " or "feed" any place.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RGElectric wrote:

I have both Pro2 and Pro 3 cameras.  On the phone app, I no longer have the expand icon to get full screen video.  

iPhone or Android?

On my iPhone, the video will expand to full screen if I rotate the phone to landscape.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version iOS and Arlo app are you using? 

Kathy-H
Aspirant
Aspirant

I been having the same problem with recent app update. I have Galaxy 9+ and I no longer able to see the two arrows to expend to full screen view and is very annoying. tried clean catch and log out and log in the app. same 😞 anyone know how to fix this? thank you so much.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this during a live stream or viewing a recorded video? 

Kathy-H
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is during live streaming 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is with Arlo app v4.2?

Kathy-H
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, 4.2.1 release at 03/03, actually happened like 3 updates ago, I was hoping with new updates will help solve the problem on is own but...nope

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks, I have notified the team and I will update you as soon as possible.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kathy-H wrote:

Is during live streaming 

Does rotating the phone to landscape result in expanding to full screen?

Razor2nd
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my Arlo app, I no longer have the expand screen icon on my live feed. I had this at one time and now it is not there and I cannot enlarge my screen. I have the latest Arlo app. I cannot turn my phone and enlarge the screen to landscape mode. What happened?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What is your app version, do you have a library or feed options?

Library version app still working here on iOS.

Razor2nd
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app version is 4.2.1_28524 (Android Phone). In Library mode I can turn my phone and it will go to full-screen, but on my feed  it use to have a resize icon in the upper right, that is no longer there, and in feed mode turning my phone does not work. This never was a problem before, so I don't know if a recent update screwed things up. Very frustrating.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The latest app update for android came out on 3rd March, could it have started around that time?

Do you have the phone set to auto update apps, might be best to disable it to prevent unknown bug surprises. 

Might be worth providing your phone model and os version for others to compare.

Just be aware that arlo is slowly phasing out the app with library.

Razor2nd
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Library portion of the App is working OK, it's just the live feed that I can no longer resize. So are you saying Arlo is getting rid of the Library? Why would they do that? Those are recorded moments of interest? I do think that this broke with the latest update (March 3) but I am not positive. My phone is a Galaxy S21+, One UI version 5.1, Android version 13.

Kathy-H
Aspirant
Aspirant

I been having this problem for months after the recent arlo app updates, I try to contact Arlo and is hard to get customer service, I leave a 1 star review on the app and they contact me and willing to help me troubleshoot, unfortunately they keep contact me while I am at work or at the zoom meeting after work, last phone call with them, they said will try to contact me tonight at 6pm, if they are able to help me troubleshoot (I definitely think is the app has problem), I will post the updates here.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Razor2nd ,

Regards the library deprecating and replacement.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062797/What-is-new-in-the-Arlo-Secure-App-4-0 

Note: it doesn’t describe what functionality is lost.

Razor2nd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the link. The Library is not going away, it will now be called Feed. That is good, it would have been quite stupid to get rid of Library recordings.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

A lot of users have asked for the library to be returned, Feed is not just a name change but a format change of how the recordings are accessed with the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are we still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the Arlo app v4.3.1?

RGElectric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still can not get full screen in live stream. 

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation