Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor cable 32-122 F ??

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
The outdoor cable says for temps 32-122 F ? I live in Ohio, 32 is the high temp in the winters. So this mean my camera or power cord will not work in the winter? Wtf is that?
8 REPLIES 8
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
Camera says -4 but cable says 32F ?? I’m confused
Dannybear
Master
Master
I do not know either, if it is factual I would speculate that the weather seal at the camera fails at 32degF so any ice buildup can push it back out.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Reason for the 32F is simple.... the battery can NOT take a charge if below freezing... it will damage the battery

The camera screen tho will tell you it's is to cold to charge.

The operational temp of camera is to -4F including the battery, after or around this temp you will get a notice the camera is to cold to operate and must warm up

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
But I’m not using power from battery, I am hard wiring in. So is Arlo saying I cannot use my camera in winter??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the battery is in place, you still have the same issues. The camera will continue to work until -4F/-20C but charging will stop at freezing.

elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
To followup on your answer
So should the batteries be removed in the winter and just ran off hard wire? Will batteries get ruined leaving in all winter if long period of cold temps?
Also what about the outdoor cable? Says 32F ?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a COLD winter, you can remove the battery.... no issues if in or out.  Just as mentioned it will NOT charge below freezing.

If you run the outdoor ac cable you will be good to about -4F ...   simple!

( as to the 32f on cable, they refer to charge at 32f , which it will not )

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The batteries won't be ruined, just not charged. As long as power is applied, the batteries won't be used so will maintain their charge normally.

You can use the outdoor charger at any temp. 32F is just the charging cutoff point. I've used them down to less than 0F. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation