Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Secure App 4.0

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Apple_B
Guide
Guide

The old app allowed multiple combinations for camera arming (modes). The old app allowed all cameras armed, all cameras disarmed or some cameras armed and others disarmed and could be edited.  The ability to create multi combinations of camera arming not only was convenient but it was also completely logical and is what a reasonable home owner would expect with  such a system as Arlo.  The new app now only has 3 modes -  arm, disarm, and standby.  Arlo, your developers need to hang their heads in shame! This is a huge step backwards!!  Please bring back the ability to create your own camera arming combination modes as per the old app.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The addition of the security system changed the model so only 3 modes are allowed - no custom modes. You can use those 3 modes as you wish regardless of the naming. That can still be limiting but it's what's available.

Biscuitboy1980
Guide
Guide

3 modes isn’t enough because you didn’t include notifications for devices in the scheduling part of the app. The only way I can modify notifications now is by setting them in each mode.  Absolutely worthless!  I regret ever buying this system.

Apple_B
Guide
Guide

I agree Biscuit Boy!!   I am absolutely dumbfounded that Arlo has degraded the app so that there is only 3 modes are available!!   There is no sense in what they have done

G2T
Tutor
Tutor

Yes jguerdat that is what is available but it is a bad design and to add to that it's functionality does not work. You can set a schedule for it to switch modes at specified times but it doesn't. You have to physically select the mode to change it; the app is acting just like the physical security keypad where you have to press the arm home or arm away or standby to change modes.

The app has some serious functional issues and unnecessary UI limitations in usage that make it cumbersome to use. Its like the UI designers have no experience and are just new grads. It does not meet the level of the hardware.

Smarthub-VMB4540

Cam-Pro5s xl

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would disagree that it doesn't work - it works fine here with both schedules as well geofencing.

The biggest difference is that you need a schedule to switch to a mode and then another to switch back. Same for geofencing.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

AndyBoyeaJr
Initiate
Initiate

couldn't agree more.  not a good release!  Definitely needs an update with all the old features put back into it...and done so logically... and done quickly because there's a bunch of us out here who can't even use their cameras properly anymore!!!  What was Arlo thinking letting this out to the public!?  This would be a subpar BETA release!!  NOBODY would think just 3 modes is all 1 would need; unless all you had were 3 cameras or less maybe??

eatsh1tarlo
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo truly hates their customers. Since the spinoff from Netgear, Arlo's customer service has tanked. Thanks Matthew McRae, you must be one hateful entity. I bet your family hates it when you show up for Thanksgiving, since you're never invited.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation