Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple Issues Since Base Station Update

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
crocker
Guide
Guide

Recently I have been having issues with push notification received but no recordings in the library, or, the recording in the library are short from the fixed length of time I have set. I have 5 camera's all set with a fixed recording time of 40 seconds each. Now when motion is triggered the recording times vary wildly. Sometimes recordings are only 14 seconds or 7 seconds or whatever seconds. Sometimes the recording shows 17 seconds but plays for the entire 40 seconds.

I also back-up all recordings to a USB thumb drive. Sometimes when I get a push notification and the video does not show in the library, it usually does show in the thumb drive although, the video is very short, like only 6 or 7 seconds long. I have also noticed that sound is no longer being recorded to the videos on the thumb drive. However, recordings in the library do have sound, These problems started on 4/22/19. Before then, the fixed recordings times were all fine, and all the recordings to the thumb drive had sound. I do remember doing a base station update around that time.

I have rebooted the base station by switching it off and also pulling the plug. I have also tried deleting and re-syncing one camera and that did not correct the problem.

I am running base station version: VMB4000r3  Firmware: 1.12.0.1_27940

I am running an old android app on my phone ver. 2.5.3_22376 . Not sure that would matter??

I really don't want to do a reset of the base station if possible...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you !!!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It could very well be the old app, don't knw. Do you keep it runnning in background.?

Only way to find out is to update, which should be done anyway.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
crocker
Guide
Guide

I don't keep the app running in the background. I will, however, install the new app and see if that fixes the issues.

Thank you!

crocker
Guide
Guide

Updating the app did not fix the problem.

@TomMac I noticed another post today by a different user who has the same issue as me with the VMB4000 base. I believe the problem was caused by the recent Arlo base station update. Hopefully, Arlo will correct it??

I am going to try taking off the USB thumb drive and see if that has any effect?

Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation