Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode changes not being recognized

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Manually changing the mode from armed to disarmed or vice versa is not working.

The app will say that it’s changed, but then when you look at it half an hour to 45 minutes later it’s flipped back. This started about three days ago.
13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What device are you using, what version OS, also what version SW on the device....

this would help those trying to fix it

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
The latest iOS, the newest firmware on the Arlo equipment. (Arlo pro 2).

For instance, I armed my system at 6:30 AM this morning and then looked at 9:15 AM the system has switched to disarmed by itself.

I did not change anything and has been rocksolid for the last two years. At about three days ago, something went wonky and it hasn’t been working.

It is switching modes by itself.
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can anyone from arlo help me please? I’m still having this issue. When I manually change my
Arlo mode from armed to disarmed (or vice versa) and 30-45 minutes later, it reverts back to armed by itself. I’m on the latest iOS app version using arlo pro 2 with base station model number VMB4000r3.

I didn’t change anything and it has been rock solid for 2 years.
@JamesC
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo Mobile App? May I ask what version of the IOS App, OS on Phone/Device & base station firmware you are using?

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
My app version is 2.7.10

Using an iPhone X

Base station is VMB4000r3 on 1.12.2.2_2754

I will try to delete the app and reinstall it and see what happens.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Eric182

Is your phone running on IOS 12.3.2?

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
12.3.1. Says there’s no update available.

Update: I deleted and reinstalled the app at 2:41 PM today. Then I set the mode to armed at 2:42 PM. At 3:26 I checked the app and it changed to disarmed by itself.

I have tried unplugging the base station and plugging it back in one minute later. Also tried restarting it from the app. No luck. The mode still seems to be changing by itself. I have no schedule in place for it to do that
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Eric182

If you change the mode through your web browser does it still switch again after time?

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
I reset my base station. First I disassociated my cameras from the base station using the mobile app, then I manually reset the hub with a paper clip.

So far, everything seems to be working properly again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is good news so far, unfortunately you had to reset the base. Let me know if anything changes & I will be here to assist you.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
So it started andomly switching from Armed to disarmed by itself again. After a full system reset. Between the hours of 7 PM and 5 AM.

The one thing that I wanted to try was removing the integration with Smartthings. Once that was done, everything was back to normal without any random mode changes. I’m not sure if it has to do with the firmware update from three or four days ago on Arlo side, but the Smartthings integration seemed to be affected?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest following up with customer support regarding the Smart things/Armed issue. I will attach the link here for you. Arlo Tech Support

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation