Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library RECORDINGS only shows 1 camera out of 4. No filter enabled.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wonfineday
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo H15, and one H8. 

Library shows recordings only from one of the H15, and not the other two H15 nor the H8. 

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You can confirm the camera model numbers by selecting the app settings menu then support and select the camera to show the model details.

Check that each camera can live stream and you can make a manual recording to your library.

Camera models later than the pro2 series requires a subscription plan to record to the arlo cloud library.

wonfineday
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 4 cameras show as VMC 4030. 

I was able to make a manual recording, and it shows in my library (on one of the three cameras that don't show any recordings in the library). 

Thank you for your help!! Now what? 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The VMC4030 model is referring to the arlo pro series cameras and should be able to record to the arlo’s free 7days cloud library service which is now being retained by arlo going forward.

You mentioned that you have successfully been able to manually record to the cloud library on one of the problem cameras, you were not able to achieve the same with the other two problem cameras correct?

It sounds like to me that your arlo account has been compromised or corrupted.

Can you confirm you have all your cameras displayed in the app? Do any show an error message?

If you select the mode page in the app what mode is selected? If you edit the “Armed “ mode selecting the pencil icon do you get the four camera rules showing or only a single rule?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

It sounds like to me that your arlo account has been compromised or corrupted.

I'm not seeing that based on the info we have so far.

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

You mentioned that you have successfully been able to manually record to the cloud library on one of the problem cameras, you were not able to achieve the same with the other two problem cameras correct?

@wonfineday - it is important to know the answer to this question.  Also, to confirm that all cameras are armed (using the procedure outlined by @DannyBearAgain ).

Although you've likely tried this already - walk in front of the cameras that aren't triggering, and see if that results in getting a recording.

wonfineday
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your inputs @DannyBearAgain and @StephenB . I was able to figure out the issue.

For others who might run into a similar issue: the problem had to do with mode. I did not have rules setup for the other 3 cameras to record (upon motion detection). I was able to correct it, and now everything seems to be working fine. (I had not tested the other 2 cameras for manual recording, and that works fine)

Thanks again for your help! 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@wonfineday ,

Good outcome,

Begs the question as to why you lost the mode camera rules, they get automatically added when the camera is installed and requires your manual action to delete them unless the account is corrupted or compromised.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation