Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is anyone else not getting notifications from Arlo Secure's iOS apps these days?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

This is with four iPhones (3 iOS v16.7 and 1 6+'s v12.5.7) and an iPad air (iOS v12.5.7) since 9/13/2023 with three different e-mail addresses accounts (owners and granted access to both original Arlo and Pro 2 systems). Arlo Secure iOS apps are updated too.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Notifications still working for pro2 in my region.

You didn’t mention what UI experiment you’re using? Feed or library?

I am still using library app v4.6.2

If you switch your mobile to cellular when at home do the notifications start working? Could be a wifi only issue.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Experiment? What's that? If you are talking about iOS app version, it is 4.8 (6787) that was released on 8/30/2023.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I suggest removing the app and redownloading it and seeing if that fixes the behavior you are seeing. This has worked with others on iOS devices not receiving notifications as well. 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I noticed killing and relaunching app fixed it yesterday. Notifications were working again. Earlier today, I got the updated iOS app (v4.8.1). And then, notifications didn't work again. So, I killed the app and relaunched it to make them come back. So why is doing that temporarily fixing it? Doesn't updating the app also restarts it?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I forgot to mention that I did log out, uninstall, redownload, and reinstall. 😞 I really wished you guys kept the e-mails since they were more reliable. I still have to kill and relaunch the app  to fix it. It only lasts for several hours. 😞

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing the same behavior? 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

It was mostly working until last night after I updated my 2 old iPhone 6+s (iOS v12.5.7). Now, they don't get ANY notifications. 😞

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you make sure the notifications are set up correctly?

https://www.arlo.com/en_be/support/faq/1019297/How-do-I-set-up-notifications-or-alerts

Also, make sure that the notifications are turned on for iOS as well:

Settings ~ Notifications ~ Arlo ~ And then make sure the choices you are wanting to use are on.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation