Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IOS APP on iPad and iPhone stop after 30 minutes. It’s not continuous streaming anymore.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlo88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Downloaded the latest iOS and arlo app. The iPad and iPhone both stop live steaming after 30 minutes. You have to keep restarting it. . I have a camera subscription. Cameras and notifications work fine The arlo website states live steaming is even available without subscription. Any idea what’s going on?
3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

I read in another post  an Arlo moderator  responded they were meant to time out around 30 min. I had it go to 40 once but stopped it to save the battery. I believe he said thats why it times out. 

Not sure if connected to AC power would make a difference. 

Arlo88
Aspirant
Aspirant
hey dcfox1
Appreciate your input. I saw that too but below is the link where they state even without a subscription it has live streaming. For me It only stopped live streaming over 30 minutes after I upgraded the apps. Sounds more like they want us to pay for their “continuous streaming” guess I have to decide if I want to pay or move to another security camera system.
https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-Smart-3-month-trial-plan-ends
Thanks!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Arlo88,

The link you provided mentions that without Arlo Smart subscription, you are unable to record through the cloud but can still live stream. And this is only affected for the Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Ultra, Arlo Video Doorbell, and Arlo Floodlight.

As dcfox1 has mentioned, you can view streams from your Arlo camera for a maximum of 30 minutes. You can read more about it here: Why has the Arlo app stopped live streaming?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation