Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can no longer configure motion alerts on my Arlo 2. The menu option has been removed.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bmk999
Follower
Follower

I can no longer configure motion alerts on my Arlo 2. The menu option has been removed. 

Is this because I now have to buy a plan?  

if so, this Arlo crap is going straight to the garbage can. What a scam. 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bmk999 wrote:

Is this because I now have to buy a plan?  

No, you don't need a subscription plan for a Pro 2.  Arlo is still providing the 7-day cloud storage that was sold with that camera.  

Can you explain what setting you want to change, and what menu option is missing?

Also, do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in your app? Or do you instead see "Library".

Davo15
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Pro2 and I'm required to get a plan if I want my cameras to work, so that 7 day free cloud storage no longer working

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Davo15 wrote:

I have Pro2 and I'm required to get a plan

You are not required to get a plan (no matter what Arlo camera you own).

New camera models do require a subscription for cloud storage, but the pro 2 is an old model that has 7 days of free cloud storage.

Can you explain your situation more completely?

Is the camera in your account?

Are you able to live stream the camera? If you are, than can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?

Davo15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, my cameras weren't recording nor letting me see the live stream, somehow i found phone number gave them a call for technical support, they log in to my account and said "your cameras aren't working because you need a subscription", I told them about the 7 day cloud blah blah and person replied well that no longer works you have to get a plan and you get the first 30 days free and that's it. so yeah 😕 that's my story.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Davo15 wrote:

Hi, my cameras weren't recording nor letting me see the live stream, somehow i found phone number gave them a call for technical support, they log in to my account and said "your cameras aren't working because you need a subscription", I told them about the 7 day cloud blah blah and person replied well that no longer works you have to get a plan and you get the first 30 days free and that's it. so yeah 😕 that's my story.

The 7-day storage is still available for the Pro 2 cameras.  And a subscription is not required for livestreaming any Arlo camera.

Sounds like you googled for a phone number, and reached a scam support site.  That is the usual result when you do that.

You say they "logged into your account".  If you gave them the password for it, then you should change it immediately.

What have you tried to do to fix the problem?  Did you for instance remove/reinsert batteries on the cameras, or power the base on and off?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation