Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I am having a problem with my cameras not updating to latest firmware release. Can someone help me?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tedkit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base VMB3500r4 1.16.5.6_799_3913242 cameras VMC4030P trying to update firmware 1.125.16.0_36_49c31dd I am not sure what firmware is on the cameras now but they may be a couple of releases behind this one.
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What havve you tried? Have you rebooted the base and reinstalled the camera battery?

Tedkit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have have tried many things. I have removed all cameras & base station with the same results. I can view live if I can select the camera before the ‘firmware update is available’ message is displayed. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to be a hardware problem so use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Tedkit
Aspirant
Aspirant
I contacted them and they agree that it’s a base station defect, but they won’t do anything about it but give me a 30% discount code to buy a new base station. If that’s the way Arlo supports their products, I don’t want to buy anything else.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tedkit wrote:
I contacted them and they agree that it’s a base station defect, but they won’t do anything about it but give me a 30% discount code to buy a new base station. If that’s the way Arlo supports their products, I don’t want to buy anything else.

Just curious - how old is the base station?

Tedkit
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought it new at Costco on 8/7/2919 and did not install it until sometime last year. It was not used for quite some time after I originally set it up due to me getting a new gateway. I then reset it up in February of this year and that’s when I discovered the problem. I would say the system has nowt been used over 6 months. Arlo should be able to verify the use. Thanks, Ted
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tedkit wrote:
I bought it new at Costco on 8/7/2919

So out of warranty from their point of view.  Still, it's disappointing that it failed so quickly. 

FWIW, I've had a couple of cameras fail over the years, but I've never had a base fail. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation