Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Front door camera doesn't record/detect motion and backdoor camera doesn't charge

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide

More problems with my Arlo Pro 2 camera... of the 3 I have, the only one currently working properly is the nursery camera which is plugged into the wall. My front door camera doesnt record/detect motion and now my backdoor camera doesnt charge.
I've had a couple instances in the past with the camera of not charging, but I chalked it up to me possibly not ensuring it was plugged in properly. Now, I verified numerous times the charging icon shows. After a full day, unplugging it and it immediately says needs to be charged. I've tried other charging cords and plugs to no avail.
The front camera charges fine (but this one doesnt detect so this will be pointless).

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the front battery into the backdoor  camera and move it to the front... then you have 2 cameras working.

As to the battery, read this; ( i know you say your see the charge icon , but read just in case )

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

Next question, are you using only the Pro2 chargers that were supplied ?  ( there were some issues using pro vs pro2 ac adapters )

It just could be the battery is bad... one way to confirm is by swapping batteries.

Last, if less then a yr old, check Arlo support for possible warranty

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide

Yes, i was planning on swapping the batteries to have a working outdoor camera.  But that's not ideal, since i purchased 2 outdoor cameras to work properly.

I have read the link provided and did this, didn't work.  The camera does record when plugged into the wall, so the camera itself still works.

I only own Pro2 cameras so I only have a Pro2 charger.  These were purchased about 3-4 years ago tho, so not in warranty anymore.

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
Update:
Battery fully charged in the camera that didnt detect motion. I swapped that battery into the camera which didnt charge. The battery that wouldnt charge was then put into the camera that didnt detect and tried charging again. The battery charged to 100%, which leads me to believe the issue is with the connection inside the camera and not the battery. The confusion is, I show the battery in a charging state no matter which camera I use to charge it.

I fully removed the cameras and base station from the system and reconnected them, and now they both detect motion again (this has been done before, just annoying this has to happen)
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear you were able to correct

Morse is faster than texting!
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
Well, it's a round-about fix. Still an issue with the camera portion not being able to charge the battery. So, if the battery dies, I'll need to take down both cameras and do a battery swap every time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hardware issues can only be resolved via official support by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation