Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

First few seconds of video missing. Tried following all guides and sensitivity is set to 100%.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RalphNimbin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have just installed these cameras outside my house. There is a delay in capturing video after movement is detected, perhaps 4 - 5 seconds. This means that when someone crosses the yard they are almost out of frame by the time the video starts. I have followed all of the guides and setup the cameras so that they caption motion across the field of view, not toward it. Sensitivity is set to 100% (yes, I checked this setting was saved). Range is less than 25 ft. Have tried altering the Activity Zone so that it covers the full image or parts of image, makes no difference. This happens on both cameras, have restarted, reconnected and updated etc etc

I have a few Swann cameras that rewind time to before the movement was detected before storing the video, this is probably a benefit of wired/powered cameras that can keep the cameras on continuously. I suspect the problem with the wireless Arlos is that the camera is usually in standby (to save battery power) and that there is a delay activating the camera after motion is detected. Will have to return to the store if this issue cannot be solved because by the time the video starts the footage is not useful anymore.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is a delay waking the camera up but your delay is a bit excessive. A screenshot of the camera view with description of the issue could be instructive.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Same issue for months now.

2 min recording on hub, 1:55 sec recording on cloud. Cloud misses key moments.

on cams with CVR 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey JehovasFitness,

If you're still having problems, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

RalphNimbin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses. Getting in touch with support won't help, this seems to be the expected behaviour for these cameras. Just wanted to let potential buyers know that there is significant delay between detecting motion and recording the video. In my case (and probably most others) this means that most would-be thieves will have already walked across the field of view before the video starts. The only way I can see these cameras being useful is if someone remains active in front of them for a period of time.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation