Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

First Time User

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NSimon
Follower
Follower

So I just installed base and cameras. So I'm confused about what board the netgear HD cameras go under.

My question is do I need a subscription just to see how the feed is going to look? Everywhere I go there is no option for me to actually see what the cameras will pick up. On top of that I'm having a hard time connecting this to the app on my phone. I'm not going to pay for a subscription just to see what an image is going to look like. I need some help. And why is it that support does not have an email address where we can actually send these questions in? 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NSimon wrote:

So I just installed base and cameras. So I'm confused about what board the netgear HD cameras go under.

If your cameras open, you can remove them from the housing and then remove the batteries.  There's a label inside with the model number.  If the cameras do not open, then you have one of the Essential models.  There is a label on (or near) the gasket at the charging port. It is faint/low contrast, so not that easy to spot.

You can also go into the settings for the camera and look at the "product type" field (press the > on the top right of the screen).  Pressing "Support" and scrolling down the the "Product" field will show you the camera part number.

@NSimon wrote:

My question is do I need a subscription just to see how the feed is going to look? 

If this is a new installation, you should have automatically been opted into the trial subscription.  Are you in a location where Arlo offers subscriptions?

@NSimon wrote:

Everywhere I go there is no option for me to actually see what the cameras will pick up. 

Are you saying that you cannot livestream the cameras from the "devices" page?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation