Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

End of Life

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
taylorharris50
Follower
Follower

I purchased 9 Arlo cameras based on Arlo's free cloud storage option.  Several years later they have tried to abandon this option and now are ending support of their cameras.  I can't talk with support because their crappy chat bot won't allow me access to a human without buying new cameras.  

What a horrible company.  This is a warning to anyone considering their products.  Stay away.  Stay far away.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Apparently you haven't read the latest info/emails. While any company will stop supporting older equipment, Arlo has NOT removed the free 7 day plan. Your system will continue to work as before, however, firmware updates will stop (minor detail - there hasn't been a recent update for them anyways).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your cameras will still function after the end of life date is reached, but they will be limited regarding support, replacements, etc. You can read more about the end of life policy here: https://kb.arlo.com/000063018/Arlo-Legacy-Cameras-End-of-Life

JamesC

BrianLogsdon
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is unclear from the releases from Arlo if remote access to the camera feeds will still work with EOLd cameras

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BrianLogsdon,

While some features may be limited as the article mentions, yes you should still be able to live stream your cameras.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC wrote:

While some features may be limited as the article mentions, yes you should still be able to live stream your cameras.

@BrianLogsdon : And continue to access recordings and live streams remotely.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation