Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chrome issue - This video Is not able to view in your browser message

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

why do I get this message when I view a video, This video not able to view in your browser. I use google chrome

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

why do I get this message when I view a video, This video not able to view in your browser. I use google chrome

Are you certain that this is with a Pro 2 camera?  Usually when we see this, it is with 2K or 4K video, and the Pro 2 only does 1080p.

FWIW, the usual causes are either that

• the PC doesn't have HEVC hardware acceleration (old PC hardware) or 
  • hardware acceleration for video playback isn't enabled in Chrome.
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

This is a new computer  with windows 11 and HEVC is enabled in chrome. It only does it on some videos not all.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
>>> This is a new computer with windows 11 and HEVC is enabled in chrome. It only does it on some videos not all. And are you sure this is happening with a Pro 2???? Or is this only happening with your 2K/4K cameras? When you manually download the videos, do they play normally? Or is there some corruption or freezing at the beginning?
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary
yes it is the pro2 ... PC has HEVC and hardware acceleration is enabled in chrome. hardware acceleration for video playback isn't enabled in Chrome. video does play well once downloaded.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:
yes it is the pro2 ... PC has HEVC and hardware acceleration is enabled in chrome. hardware acceleration for video playback isn't enabled in Chrome. video does play well once downloaded.

The pro 2 doesn't use hevc, and the h.264/avc videos it produces should play in any browser (even if hardware acceleration is turned off).

How often does this happen?  Do you see any video freezing or glitches at the beginning of the recording?

What player are you using after the video is downloaded? It is possible that there might be some corruption at the very beginning of the recording - enough to confuse the browser, but not enough to mess up the player.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation