Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't remove it edit first devices from main account/device or from guest's account/device.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Zaklee
Follower
Follower

I've invited my wife as a guest on my account using the app. When I go to geofencing to enable her device, four devices are listed. None of the device name match her current Android phone name which is found under Settings --> About Phone. 

I'm unable to remove her devices from the main account. There's no listing of devices on her device using her account. 

How do we make the device names match, or at least make sense? She has four devices listed, one is a long gone iPhone, one is her tablet, the other two have identical names which are the phone's model number. One is her current phone. The other is probably hey old one that was replaced under warranty with the same model.

Once we figure out how to rename the devices, we need to know how to remove unused devices. As I started, we can/disable them in geofencing but it didn't sell they can be removed entirely. 

We tried using the website but that offered even fewer options. Obviously we can't get support because it isn't enough to buy the product. Instead you have to pay for an ongoing subscription if you want help resolving an obvious software issues (or is it incompetent software design?) and perform basic tasks.

Fortunately this community support forum exists. How y'all can help.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Zaklee Can you try navigating to the Profile icon > Privacy Center > Account > Available Geofence devices > and select the red icon > Delete. If you want to rename a device you will need to Login to the respective device with the account credentials and rename the top listed device under the same settings (Select Edit option).

Huskyfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having a similar issue.   But instead the app, or something else, is creating g multiple iterations of the same phone.   So instead of looking for two phones to leave, it’s looking for 3-4 phones, when only two exist. 

and then when I go into privacy center, enabled geolocation devices I cannot delete the cloned/duplicated devices for my wife’s phone.   So I have to remove as a listed user, then hope it works properly.   

her Arlo app appears to randomly log her off.  I’m not sure if when she logs on again it clones another device w the exact same name. 

worst automated device I’ve ever had the displeasure of using.  Absolutely appalling.  Terrible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Huskyfan 

Thank you for reaching out. Are you still experiencing this issue with the duplicate devices? Can you share a screenshot if so?

Thank you 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation