Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras becoming more sensitive and picking up things. Tried decreasing sensitivity.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gclackey61
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras have all of a sudden become more sensitive and are picking up things blowing on windy days. I have decreased the sensitivity way down and it still is an issue. I finally just have to disable them so batteries won’t die from all the false triggers. Very frustrating. May switch for Ring cameras which are much more user friendly in that regard and have people only mode.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As the sun's angle changes, so does the reflection of it's IR output. Be sure to reduce your sensitivity using modes and rules, not the motion detection test. Repositioning your camera(s) to avoid the problem areas may also be useful.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

As the sun's angle changes, so does the reflection of it's IR output. Be sure to reduce your sensitivity using modes and rules, not the motion detection test. Repositioning your camera(s) to avoid the problem areas may also be useful.

If you have a subscription (or if the camera is AC powered) then activity zones can also help.

Though there are some times of the year when some of my own cameras behave this way, and the best way I've found to reduce the notification flood is to use smart notifications (turning off "all other motion", and perhaps some other classifications).

Gclackey61
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had the cameras over a year and this has just started occurring. Unfortunately we don’t have AC where cameras are mounted. I also find the app difficult to use compared to other camera apps we use. As much as these cameras cost, the app should be more user friendly and the cameras more reliable. At this point we’re switching to Ring cameras and app. We use them at another property with no issues and much more user friendly and reliable.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation