Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not recording locally. Tried factory resetting camera and Base Station.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tones123
Aspirant
Aspirant

One camera records locally, the other doesn't. Tried factory reset on cameras and base without change. Still same problem. Only thing left is to delete my account and use a different email I fear. So frustrated with this junk!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tones123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for all help and replies. The issue has been solved. It was a software issue. I found that motion was not being detected, but live was working and I could record live. Notifications were also switched on. I had the camera with issue streaming live when my wife returned home. I was using the phone app and the screen had timed out. Then I heard a notification a d upon checking it advised motion detected by the camera in question. Further checking it is recording and working correctly without being live. I suspect a software and live streaming synced some settings when motion was detected.

Thanks again for input

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tones123 wrote:
One camera records locally, the other doesn't.

What base? 

Can you confirm that you are talking about Pro 2 cameras?  They get 7 days of free cloud storage - is that working?

Tones123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry my reply did not post. Base is VMB4000r3.
I have tried cloud recording and same issue as with local recording. Any ideas?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tones123 wrote:

I have tried cloud recording and same issue as with local recording. Any ideas?

So the camera isn't recording at all?  Does it live stream?

Tones123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes both cameras are pro 2's, both live stream, one records both local and cloud, the other does not record at all (either local or cloud)
Tones123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have factory reset both cameras and base, only thing that is still the same is the account.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tones123 wrote:
Yes both cameras are pro 2's, both live stream, one records both local and cloud, the other does not record at all (either local or cloud)

Does manual recording work?

You could try running the motion detection test: https://community.arlo.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/post-type/thread/category-id/Arlo

Tones123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help. Yes manual recording works, but motion detection isnt. Using the tool it does not seem to detect motion, and that may well be the cause. I have set up a detection zone but fear either the camera is faulty, or there is a hidden setting to turn the motion detection on. I could only find the tool setting to adjust the sensitivity. I tried adjusting this and it made no difference.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here which is the only way to get warranty replacements.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tones123 wrote:

Yes manual recording works, but motion detection isnt. Using the tool it does not seem to detect motion, and that may well be the cause. 

That sounds like a faulty camera.

Tones123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for all help and replies. The issue has been solved. It was a software issue. I found that motion was not being detected, but live was working and I could record live. Notifications were also switched on. I had the camera with issue streaming live when my wife returned home. I was using the phone app and the screen had timed out. Then I heard a notification a d upon checking it advised motion detected by the camera in question. Further checking it is recording and working correctly without being live. I suspect a software and live streaming synced some settings when motion was detected.

Thanks again for input
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation