Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR & Motion Detection Alerts Not Working With Schedule

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dirtydog50000
Follower
Follower

So I just spent 1 hour on India Support trying to solve my problem to no avail.  I purchased CVR recording so I can have 24 hr surveillance of my business. I'm told on a schedule during work it does not record only at night when it is armed. He says arm it and it will record all the time. I say if I do that I'll get push notifications and emails every second (that can get a little old fast). He says turn off notifications manually and then turn them back on manually at night (I'll remember to do that everyday LOL)  So if someone robs me during the day I can't record it?????  Am I missing something.   I'm paying for CVR for no reason. The system notifies me and records and shows me video if there's motion after hours.  Any insight would help.

Paul

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

CVR and motion detection are separate. You don't have to arm the camera in order to get CVR, just have it plugged into AC power. 

It also sounds like you need to read the FAQs here on custom modes and the schedule. You can create as many custom modes as you need with different settings in the rules for different time periods and then schedule them to automate the process. This allows you to use only certain cameras at certain times as well as turning notification on or off.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation