Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station offline again VMB4000

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wenklaw
Apprentice
Apprentice

It appears my VMB4000 had an update last week and went offline, I needed to power cycle as it just kept coming up then going down when looking at the app.  It was still recording some video but not all too .  Now approx 5 days later it’s gone offline again, this time it appears completely down but I am away so I am unable to power cycle.

Had the same setup for 5years plus. Never had this before and I suspect a firmware update had effectively bricked my base station.  Anyone else had this issue? I can’t confirm firmware until I get home and hopefully a power reset restored service however how long will it remain online this time is the bigger question.  

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo has been trying to update my base units with little success, still stuck on 1.21.1.0_4302....

Usually kills the schedule function to begin with then a restart of the base via the app causes the online/offline dance of base and cameras.

The power cycling of the base is the only fix until arlo starts the update process again.

I installed a AC smart plug on the base so I could remotely power cycle the base station, lost count on the number of times I have had to use it.

wenklaw
Apprentice
Apprentice

thanks for the reply, I have a spare Wemo smart plug so will do the same until I replace the entire system.  

any idea what Arlo are doing about this issue?  Nothing I imagine as usual! 

wenklaw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Strange thing is the cameras are detecting motion and triggering an Alexa response so clearly the Arlo base station is talking to the internet even though base station is showing offline although geofencing didn’t disable the cameras when I got home.

power cycled the base station and back online.

firmware 1.24.0.1.4436.8938370

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation