Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo slows down wifi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jess123456
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo set ups one in the office, and one at home.  Arlo has killed internet on both!

We had the IT people out to the office running all sorts of tests, and where the Arlo is plugged in, the internet just pretty much stops for anyone down the line. The hub is drawing all of the internet at that point.
We ended up just unplugging it as the known thief left anyway. 

Now I'm having the same issue at home.
I would quite like the cameras at home running so I can mind the place while I'm not there as I see a lot of people that shouldnt be at my house on them! 
All internet slows down to dial up speeds when Arlo is plugged in (ipads, phones, tvs cant stream or load web pages, and smart lights don't work either). Speeds return to normal shortly after Arlo is unplugged. 
We have the highest internet package you can get. The provider confirms everything is working as it should etc etc. 

Has anyone resolved this or is the solution just get a new (not Arlo) camera system? 

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jess123456 

What are your internet speeds, upload and download from https://www.speedtest.net ?

jess123456
Aspirant
Aspirant

Without arlo 330 down 111 up. 
with arlo plugged into power/running i can’t even run a speed test. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jess123456 wrote:

Without arlo 330 down 111 up. 
with arlo plugged into power/running i can’t even run a speed test. 

FWIW, your problem is unusual (and not something I've seen).

Can you provide details on the Arlo equipment you have installed (model info and number of cameras and bases)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation