Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app not finding Arlo devices during scan/set-up using Google Pixel 7 Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Loxxer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a perfectly working Arlo app on one of two phones, a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.   The app is shared on a second phone, a Google Pixel 7 Pro, under the Grant Access feature.  Both phones have the identical Arlo app version 4.10.5_28616 and are on the same WiFi connection.  Authorization of the Pixel is successful, however the Pixel phone fails to find the base station, and none of the Pro2 cameras.  In the meantime, the app is working correctly on the Samsung phone.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The likely issue is the user interface (UI) in use on both devices. Does one have Library to view recordings? If so, that account needs to migrate to the new UI that uses Feed. Choose to install the Pro 5, security system or any Essential 2 camera even though you have none of them. The first step is to migrate the account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. Once that is complete, the guest account should click on Home near the top to choose the bottom choice. Every user gets a default Home so they have to choose yours. I recommend renaming Home to make it obvious.

Loxxer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for responding.  Unfortunately, the cure is worse than the disease.  Meaning, the new app is horrible.   I stopped short of upgrading after reading how Arlo managed to wreck the UI. I decided to not upgrade and remove the new version from the second phone.   There are features on the old UI that were eliminated with the new UI.  Add insult to injury, I can't go back to the old UI on the second phone.   POOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE = NOT EVER RECOMMENDING ARLO.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation