Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro2 cameras intermittently going off line.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tanraell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I have 4 total cameras connected to my system (2 x Pro2, 1 x Ultra, and 1 Video doorbell) connected to my VMB4000r3 base station.  The two Pro 2 cameras randomly (and regularly) are disconnected.  I can get them back by going into the mobile app and turning them 'back on" ("Device On" slider is off when I look).  They are battery operated but they aren't low on power when this happens.  Any ideas why they are constantly going offline?  It's been happening for a while but it's getting more and more frequent.  BTW the other two cameras never do this.   Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

How often is this happening?

If your cameras were actually disconnected, you wouldn't be able to turn them on again (since the message from the cloud wouldn't reach the cameras).

Are you seeing a message that that says disconnected or off-line?  Or are you seeing some other symptom?

Tanraell
Aspirant
Aspirant

It happened again this morning.  I have include the screen shots of what I see each time.  

IMG_9077.jpeg

 then

IMG_9078.jpeg

 i can enable it again here:

IMG_9079.jpeg

It’s two or three times a day I have to do this with either one or both of them. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

So the camera has been disabled (turned off), but it has not been disconnected.

Does anyone else have access to your account?

Tanraell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes my wife has access but she rarely uses the app and never does anything with the cameras.  She has mentioned seeing the same thing when she opens the app occasionally, like this morning.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tanraell wrote:

Yes my wife has access but she rarely uses the app and never does anything with the cameras.  She has mentioned seeing the same thing when she opens the app occasionally, like this morning.  

Maybe power-cycle the base (pulling the plug for a few seconds, and then reinsert it).  Power-cycle the camera(s) also (pulling the battery out for a few seconds).  That will reboot both the base and the cameras.

Tanraell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I have done that previously but did that again just in case.  Still have the issue (in this case just one camera went disabled).   It seems unlikely that both cameras are bad or that the base station is, given the other cameras perform flawlessly during this.  But I'm open to suggestions!

Cheers,

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue you are seeing.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation