Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 with Base Station BMV4000r3

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Guide
Guide

Firmware is up to date. Trying to use a storage thumb drive. Formatted it to ExFAT, since this is the improved version of FAT32 for files larger than 4GB.  I then installed it and a notice came up on my phone app stating that Arlo requires formatting. However it is formatted.

I unplugged my base station and pulled out the thumb drive. The unit still thinks that my thumb is still installed and needs reformatted.  I got be on that point now and under storage settings it tells me to install a USB drive in the base station to start recording. I have done this a number of times and it still wants me to reformat.

In my reading I have read that some drives are not compatible.  I have even reformatted to FAT32 and still have the same results!

I need help from someone!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@8711 wrote:

Trying to use a storage thumb drive. Formatted it to ExFAT

It needs to be formatted as FAT32.  None of the files will be anywhere close to 4 GB.  The recording time is limited to 5 minutes or so, which works out to less than ~40 MB for the Pro 2.

The drive size is also limited to 2 TB or smaller.  

@8711 wrote:

In my reading I have read that some drives are not compatible.

If your drive is off-brand, then it might be a scam.  For example, I am seeing a 4 TB thumb drive on Amazon for ~$17 USD.  As usual, "too good to be true" generally means it isn't.  Sometimes these scams don't work at all, but sometimes they only fail when you try to write to the storage that isn't there.

Another possibility is that the manufacturer installed two partitions on the drive.  You can see if that's the case using the Windows Disk Manager.  If you see multiple partitions ("volumes"), then delete them all and create a new one (initializing the disk).

Guide
Guide

Thanks for the information.  Have been out of town for a couple weeks.  Need to purchase a better quality thumb drive and then format to FAT32.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation