Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 not recording

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Road12
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems over the last couple of months my Arlo pro 2's will randomly stop recording. Nothing on my end has changed with regards to connections or locations of the cameras and hub. They have worked great for years, but it seems since Arlo released info on End Of Service months back, they have randomly stopped recording at various times causing me to miss events. I have to reset the Hub which will get the cameras working again, but it's short lived, and within a few days they are right back to not recording and missing events. I've read others having this same issue. I wonder if Arlo is causing the issue trying to force people to their newer product lines.

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Road12,

Are you using a schedule or any third-party integrations? When you notice they are no longer recording, are he cameras still "Armed"?

JamesC

Vargid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issues with one of my cameras. I've removed and readded the camera and it won't record any clips. Resetting the base station doesn't do anything. I also lost the ability to view my doorbell and can't read it either as it can't find the device. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vargid,

What model camera is the the camera you're experiencing an issue recording with?

JamesC

Vargid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera is an Arlo Pro2 camera which is plugged in w/ power via USB running fw 1.125.17.1_11_de8490d, Hardware (H3).  It is the only camera i have plugged in with this issue and used to be very consistent with recording.  I can view live video on demand through the app fine and responds to motion, just not recording clips on motion.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vargid,

If you manually record within a live stream, does the recording arrive in the library? Have you checked the active mode to make sure the camera has rules telling it to trigger a recording on motion?

JamesC

Vargid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, manual recordings show up in the library for this problematic camera and all cameras are "armed" to record on motion. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vargid wrote:

Yes, manual recordings show up in the library for this problematic camera and all cameras are "armed" to record on motion. 

Maybe try the motion detection test next.  It's documented here:

Vargid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done the motion detection testing and it picks up motion.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation