Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MichaelBishop
Tutor
Tutor

I've noticed in the last 4 days, that my Arlo Pro 2 cameras are no longer streaming live video on my Windows 10 PC using Microsoft Edge or Firefox browsers.  The symptoms are:  Three flashing dots for about 30 seconds, then the still image updates - but there is no live video - and then a few seconds later the message, "The request has timed out" is displayed.  I suspect this is a problem related to the Arlo servers, or perhaps a Microsoft OS update.  I've made no changes to my PC - or to the firewall - or to the network settings.  The only possible changes to my PC would be changes caused by an automatic Microsoft update.   The Arlo Pro 2 cameras continue to stream fine using my Android phone.  Hopefully, someone at Arlo will look into this - because I suspect other people are running into this issue.   I stream video from my PC frequently, and this issue cropped up suddenly about 4 days ago.  Thank you for your attention.

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelBishop
Tutor
Tutor

Update:  I've discovered that the issue I'm having with my Arlo Pro 2 cameras, live streaming from a Windows 10 PC, has to do with my Logitech USB webcam/microphone.  If I unplug it from my PC - I can now stream live video from my Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  I never had to do this before - so I suspect something has changed - and somehow Arlo is trying to interact with the Logitech webcam, or there is some hardware/driver interference.    I will investigate further to see if there's a setting on the Logitech webcam/microphone that will allow it to be connected - but not interfere with the operation of the Arlo Pro 2 cameras.   I will report back again if I find out anything useful.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The pro2 camera player operations can be affected by the desktop web app not having enough resources. That is to say cameras should work ok using the mobile app.

What can affect the desktop browser is the desktop hardware acceleration resource being used by another application.

Look for options to release hardware resources when not in use.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation