Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 no longer recieving emails

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Woohoo
Follower
Follower

Read the other chains here. A moderator was able to adjust something for a person that had the same issue. Hopefully they can do this for others, including myself.

2 REPLIES 2
FranklinRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

November 7 2023 they sent out a email, which some didn't get including me which said they were going to retire the email notification feature and use push notifications and desktop notifications on computers.  While this is OK, most people are upset because email notifications worked well.  What i would suggest doing is try to use the push notification feature more and i know it can kill your phones battery however you can silence these and have a record on the phone still.  I've been trying to use the feed feature in the app more and more.  Hopefully they will bring back email notifications down the road.

Also Arlo 2 is EOL in 2025 so you won't be getting support moving forward.  https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf?cid=a

RobertSF
Star
Star

I also was quite surprised to learn that my ARLO PRO 2 cameras are now on the 'obsolete' list.  I suddenly stopped receiving these Alert Notification emails after November 16, 2023.  I finally got around to researching this problem today and learned about this "feature", having read ARLO's end of life policy, including a table that lists which models expire when.  I also never received any email about the discontinuation of the ARLO Alert emails, which I think should have been mailed to every registered user.  I haven't been receiving any other 'push notifications' on my computer or on my android phone.  Without these alerts, I will have to log into ARLO's site in order to check the libraries, to see the motion and sound recordings for each day.  I think this is an unreasonable burden to place on their customers and in my view, renders the system virtually useless. 

So it appears that ARLO's security camera systems are akin to Google's Chromebooks.  They too come with 'expiration dates', after which no updates of any kind are applied to the expired equipment.  At this moment, I can't think of any reason why I should consider a new ARLO security system for my home, although I am assailed almost daily with offers to buy a new system from them.

My ARLO system has been pretty reliable for the several years I've owned it, and still works well.  Unfortunately I am not in a receptive frame of mind to 'junk' my current system for a new one as I might be if this one were broken.  This equipment is not inexpensive.  Frankly, I am disappointed in ARLO's EOL policy.  I don't know whether or not it existed when I purchased my system, but in any case I was unaware of it.  Perhaps manufacturers like Google and ARLO ought to make this more clear to their prospective customers at the time of purchase.  If all of them are doing this then I suppose I will have no choice but to acquiesce to this kind of consumer extortion, but if not then I will no doubt patronize the company that does not exercise this policy in the future.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation