Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 missing motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AndrewRichmond
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I have 12 pro 2 cameras operating in our shop, all powered to 240V. 

I have been having issues for ages where cameras just stop recording video. I am constantly having to monitor them to make sure they are operational. But this is not feasible. 

We had a vehicle stolen and only one of the 3 cameras showing this area picked up the vehicle. the other 2 were not recording, one for 3 days and the other for 1 day.  Very frustrating. This isn't a one off situation either. I am constantly turning them off and on to reconnect and having to turn the base on and off as well. For a security system, this in not good enough. 

Is there a reason for this constantly happening?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The main reason I can think of is some sort of interference or weak signal to cameras...

The only true way to expand area on the older cameras is by using more bases ( as the Pro2 cams link only to base units ).

I use two bases on a 1/3 ac plot to ensure good connection and can say over the years of usage can count the number of times of drop out on 2 hands ( running assorted 12 cams here on a 4000 and 5000 base )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AndrewRichmond
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Guru, 

Would this mean having 2 logins ?

Or can I have 2 bases under one login?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AndrewRichmond wrote:

Would this mean having 2 logins ?

Or can I have 2 bases under one login?

You can have more than one base station in the same account (so only one login).

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a plus note... Bases do not effect the count of cameras on your system

Morse is faster than texting!
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You could turn off the external power to the pro2 cameras to run them on battery to save buying an additional base station if the issue is resolved.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation