Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 cameras not recording

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
rrock
Tutor
Tutor

I have three separate cameras around my house. I’ve bought them many years ago and I’ve had no trouble. All three have fully charged batteries and are plugged in with chargers constantly. About a week ago all three cameras suddenly stopped recording. I have checked through troubleshooting and other solutions, but nothing is working (direct wired in for internet, took out battery, restarted system, deleted then re-added camera, etc). My system is armed, I have performed motion detection tests and all are working, and I can manually record to my library. Does anyone have a solution for this?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is your active mode? Have you checked it for rules for the cameras that include recording? A screenshot of that mode may be useful. Normally, unless you've edited it, the Armed mode should automatically have rules for recording for all cameras. Have you tried using that?

rrock
Tutor
Tutor

I am using the app default “Armed” setting where motion detection is on for all cameras and records for as long as the activity is on. I have even tried making my own but it did not work so I went back to the default

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been other, similar complaints so I'll tag the mods to see if they can get you going. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rrock,

Try removing and factory resetting the base station, After the reset is complete, re-sync the cameras and then test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

For more information on how to factory reset, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

JamesC

David-CH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issue. Resetting, restarting, removing, reinstalling the base station does nothing. The base station and cameras are off Arlo app and Apple Home. 

rrock
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the heads up. Most of the suggestions from tech support have been to remove the base station then re-add it back along with the cameras. I’m not sure how but 2 of the 3 cameras started recording again without me doing anything so it could have been just a glitch in my account? 

Still not happy about paying for 1 month of the Arlo secure just to speak with chat support. I read on multiple forums that my legacy cameras (Pro 2) still have free 7 day rolling recordings 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation