Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Zone not working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TomLandry
Tutor
Tutor

One camera is pointed out the window without having any zones turned on and it captures every car going by and sends an alert.

Using the "Motion Detection Test" and it captures everything as expected.

After setting a zone to avoid capturing the cars on the street, no alerts are being received. 

When running the "Motion Detection Test" I can stand a foot away and it won't detect any motion. 

What other setting is required. I reviewed one post which had a solution but it didn't work for me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Yes, you are correct. I posted almost the exact same statement earlier today.

Zones require a PIR detection AND pixel activity within the zone. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Activity-zones-in-Arlo-Pro-2/m-p/1504562#M5463

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@TomLandry

There is a setting for motion sensitivity. In the app if you go to Mode and select the camera, you can scroll down to the motion detection selection and click on the pencil to the right, It will allow you to adjust the sensitivity of the motion detection.

Brian

TomLandry
Tutor
Tutor

I changed the Motion Detector Test to 100% and also changed the Motion Sensitivity to 100 and ran the test again by standing about a foot in front of the camera and it still doesn't detect anything. 

TomLandry
Tutor
Tutor

Apparently zones (like night vision) don't work through glass. 

If I turn the camera to point into the room it works during the Motion Detector Test from 1-10 feet away.

If the camer is pointed back out the window and I go outside only 1 foot from the camera it doesn't detect motion. 

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Yes, you are correct. I posted almost the exact same statement earlier today.

Zones require a PIR detection AND pixel activity within the zone. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Activity-zones-in-Arlo-Pro-2/m-p/1504562#M5463

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation