Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera seems to have empty battery during software update

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vitusdoom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi There,

I just need help with my arlo pro 2 camera. It seems to have been doing a software update and prolly battery went empty which it has now been stuck on the SU state (red and blue light blinking) I tried most suggestions and it is still stuck in that state. Here are the few things that I have tried:

- Remove battery, reinsert(charged) 

- Remove the camera from base and resync (cannot resync because it is stuck with red and blue blinking)

- Restarted base

- Remove battery, after 60seconds directly insert usb to power up camera (still stuck with red and blue blinking)

Can anyone please let me know if I am missing something or is there something else that I can try to fix this? 

Cheers,

Ker

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

When other users have had the issue I can’t say I have never seen any solution.

Why it gets stuck in the SU mode is unknown since there hasn’t been an update for the pro2 cameras for years.

The likelihood of the battery going flat is minimal since the update if any had occurred would skip if the battery is too low.

The camera may have just died of course.

vitusdoom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the Reply Danny. It might not be an update but i think the battery went empty and for some reason it is just blinking when i tried different battery or even plugged directly into usb (with and without battery) Is there a hard reset on these things? Maybe it is thinking it is on SU mode that's why it can't turn on even though there is no update. It does blink red/blue and then for some time blue blinks 4-5times and then back to red/blue

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo documentation only refers to the camera doing an update and directs the user not to remove power. Any other error code is hidden by arlo.

slow blinking amber means the camera battery is low and needs a recharge.

Fast blinking blue means the camera is trying to sync to the base station.

You could try pressing the Base top button momentarily to start the base scan then same on the camera. If you’re in luck the base may connect to the camera but you may have to wait for the next update release for it to start working again, not likely though, the battery will just go flat again.

All else going forward would be to contact arlo customer support, they might give you a token discount on a replacement new camera that requires a subscription plan.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation