Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Batteries Draining Quickly. Purchased since 2018. Tried purchasing new batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
showtime30102
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two wireless Arlo Pro 2 cameras which I purchased from Best Buy back in August of 2018. On average I would get 1.5 months per charge on the batteries. Both cameras are in moderate traffic areas. In the past 2 weeks I have noticed the batteries are discharging rapidly (3-6 day). I assumed that it was due to the age of the batteries and went to Best Buy and purchased two(2) new Arlo Pro 2 OEM batteries. I have the same issue with them discharging. 

Has anyone experienced this? All my settings are the same for the past 2 years and the firmware is up-to-date. 

Some help would be much appreciated. Also Arlo's Customer Service Chat and 1-800 number is worth less no one ever answers or comes to the chat room.

Regards,

Neal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
showtime30102
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I figured out what the issue was. I had recently linked my Arlo cameras to Apple's Home app. As soon as I bridged the two wireless Arlo Pro 2 to the Home app I started seeing the batteries drain in 3-5 days. After removing the the bridge to Home app the battery issue was resolved. I am no 100% why it was draining the batteries so quickly, but for now I have solved the issue and will hold off on using Home app till that bug is fixed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey showtime30102,

Have you tried moving your cameras closer to the Base Station and/or tried power cycling your Base Station to see if that helps? You can also read here to learn how to extend your battery life: How can I extend my Arlo camera's battery life?

showtime30102
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I figured out what the issue was. I had recently linked my Arlo cameras to Apple's Home app. As soon as I bridged the two wireless Arlo Pro 2 to the Home app I started seeing the batteries drain in 3-5 days. After removing the the bridge to Home app the battery issue was resolved. I am no 100% why it was draining the batteries so quickly, but for now I have solved the issue and will hold off on using Home app till that bug is fixed.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation