Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 1 and 2's will not sync to VMB4500 Base

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
M_Carrillo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

Recently I've ran into the issue of all of my cameras de-syncing from my base, model 4500. The issue first started when one camera de-synced then the rest followed afterwards the next day. The cameras I have are Arlo Pros 1 & 2. I've never had an issue with syncing them before up until now, I've tried everything I can including factory resetting my base station, resetting passwords and booting everyone else's permissions except my own. If anyone has had a similar issue before.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
M_Carrillo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The firmware version of the base station is version 1.21.10_4167_9611cf3.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does this mean you removed all devices from your account and are trying to add them back in? Did the base get added first and is shown as connected? For these cameras, try briefly pressing the base sync button - don't hold it - and then a camera button without using the app. Did that work?

M_Carrillo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat - Thanks for the reply. Yes, all devices were removed from my account as well and was able to re-add my base. I was able to add the base back in but not the cameras. I've also tried syncing the cameras by pressing without holding the button one by one but still to no success. LEDs on the cameras and the base blink blue showing that they are responding when I push sync.

These devices don't appear to be on the end of life list.

M_Carrillo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another thing I've tried is adding devices from the web browser as well as physically pushing the sync button on the back of the base.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the blue blinking slow or fast? Slow means it's trying to pair while fast means the connection has been made.

I'm also not clear as to your process as stated above. You must briefly press the base sync button first and then the camera sync button. The way you stated it, I suspect there may be an issue with how you're pressing the various buttons. Also, be sure to try to sync each camera by itself, not all at once.

M_Carrillo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat,

The lights are blinking slow but they just keep blinking on the base and the camera, after a while the LED on the camera just blinks orange several of times then stops blinking. I've tried this various times one by one with each of my cameras and nothing. I suspect there maybe an issue with the base where it is not syncing with my cameras. I've connected these cameras to this base several of times and have never had an issue with this before.

M_Carrillo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here's a video of the LEDs on both the base and camera.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15_5QkzVNilyReFAG4yFbNg3c6B2WbmRJ/view?usp=drive_link

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The video doesn't allow access. I don't really think I need to see it - your description seems solid.

I have had base issues in the past where a different base worked fine. Do you happen to know anyone else with an Arlo system that you could try temporarily adding a camera to?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation