Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Arlodave1
Tutor
Tutor

I have the arlo 2 with 5 cameras as of about 1 month ago the videos from all cameras started buffering, something they've never done before. I've rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app, rebooted the arlo, checked my upload speed (100mb+) does anyone have a solution? 

10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master

Power cycling the base can help with the delay when it presents.

Is the buffering occurring when using a web browser or the mobile app?

Arlodave1
Tutor
Tutor

The buffering is happening on an android phone. I rebooted the base via the app, you think a power if for 30 seconds may be the answer? I was considering reformatting the external hard drive, but that will lose all my recordings. 

Arlodave1
Tutor
Tutor

I've power cycled the base, formatted the storage drive, powered off for a few minutes, removed and reinstalled the app, it's still buffering, it eventually loads but it's a bit unusable in this state unfortunately 

Dannybear
Master
Master

What delay do you get when you live play a camera? Mine is about 3sec using iPhone.

While live playing tap on manual record for 30sec and then check in the library to see if it starts buffering same as other triggered recordings.

This could also be an arlo issue with their cloud server although it is working fine in my region.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

SOmething that may (or may not help) is to also reboot your router. 

Mshams115
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue for the last couple of weeks .Pro and Go. It's something in the app with the latest android update I think. That's when it started for me I believe. 

Only happens on the app. The website is fine.

Arlodave1
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, this fixed the issue but i gave the router a hard reset aka factory reset. It looks like router may have some kinda smart firewall  that took ages to analyze the files, anyway I've ordered a new router just to stop it happening again. 

DaniGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with the video playback on my Android phone (Samsung S20). I've tried everything everyone else has been suggesting even unplugging the base and plugging it back in. It still does not work. Any other solutions?

DaniGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

My video playback just keeps buffering also. I have done everything recommended except doing a factory reset on the base station. Has anyone done this and did it help? I will do this as a last resort.

"Performing a factory reset returns your Arlo SmartHub or Arlo base station values to the default settings. It also removes the serial number from your Arlo account."

Arlodave1
Tutor
Tutor

The factory reset wasn't so bad, I only had to add the cameras to the station again, one by one. The fix for me was to factory reset the router, not the base station. Good luck

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation