Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Another maddening Arlo issue! Offline but it's online.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alled
Follower
Follower

If I didn't have so much invested in this system I'd dump it for something else, but here we are. A brief description of the issue and would love your assistance, thank you.

One Arlo VMB4000 base station.

Three Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

Been running for four years.

We lose power often but typically everything recovers just fine when power returns.

Last week we lost power for 12 hours and when everything came back online I could not see my cameras or base station in the app. The base station is showing as offline, therefore all cameras showing offline.

On the base station, the left and middle lights (power and Internet) were on but the right light (camera connectivity) was off.

My router is showing the base station as being connected and I can ping it.

I've had this system connected to Apple HomeKit for multiple years, working just fine, but also can't connect to the cameras via Apple Home.

I did the sync routine with all three camera by pressing the button on top of the base station and then the button on the cameras. Each time they seemed to successfully sync based on the flashing of the lights and now the right light (camera connectivity) remains on.

However, I still can't see anything in my app; all cameras and base station show as offline. I can only also see old records as nothing new seems to be recording even though when entering camera view the blue light comes on. Assuming since it's seeing the base station as offline, nothing is being sent to the cloud.

NOW HERE'S THE WEIRD PART... After doing a re-sync on all cameras, I can now see them in Apple Home again, see live video of all three cameras, etc. but everything (cameras and base station) still show offline in the Arlo app!

I suppose I could try factory reset but didn't feel like going through all of that and setting up my recording and mode settings again.

Thanks for your help! Maddening.

1 REPLY 1
danielgreeny
Aspirant
Aspirant

During offline mode, cams show, but when you're online? You can try to get the cams to sync again, restart the router and base station, or log out and back in to the app. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation