Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO 2 +BASE STATION

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
HELP24
Aspirant
Aspirant

CANNOT RECONNECT HUB

ETHERNET IS OK

BUT NO HUB RECOGNITION ON PC

CANNOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT EITHER

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would appear that you have a base station, not a SmartHub. What version is it? Look on the bottom for a label that shows VMBxxxx and let us know. What are the LED(s) on the base showing?

If you can't access your account, that likely is due to the same reason you can't connect your base. What URL are you using (should be https://my.arlo.com)? WHat have you tried and what do you see?

HELP24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your assistance

model of base station

VMB 4000

Cameras Arlo Pro 2

OS Windows 10

I do not understand your query for firmware type

Cannot see anything because I have been locked out of my account

I made the mistake of doing a reset as quoted on the site

Qnd now none of the 3 ca,eras are visible.

Can you help or can Arlo help restore my account and cameras

If not I will have to cancel my subscription

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HELP24 wrote:

Cannot see anything because I have been locked out of my account

What happens when you try to log in?

Have you tried switch to email verification (if the push notification isn't being received)?

howmarwk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good luck as I am fighting the same problem.  My phone app will not let me add the VMB-4000 base station and I have re booted, checked cables...... The base3 shows on the modem so all that is well but when i "look for device" it does not find my base.  I also deleted and re loaded the app on my phone. grrrr

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@howmarwk 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

howmarwk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi ShayneS.  I will start by saying that my upload speed on wifi  via DSL is just under 1 Mps.  This connection has worked for a very long time, years.  I am set up to increase my band width with Century Link tomorrow (Wed). Not sure what happened with them  . Grrrr.

To your question I have turned everything on /off, re booted the base multiple times until all lights flash yellow . deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone, replaced the cable to the router, disconnected all other equipment connected to the router, and priced a new base station.

What I have is a base with the first 2 lights on and green and the last light (Camera) is solid yellow.  My phone app will not connect and when I tried to sync a camera it made no difference on the light although the cam seemed to reflect success by the blinking blue light.
Arlo is on the device table in my modem so I assume it is connected.

any and all advice is appreciated.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@howmarwk 

Have you tried onboarding a camera via the web portal at My.arlo.com

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@howmarwk wrote:
What I have is a base with the first 2 lights on and green and the last light (Camera) is solid yellow.

That's a clue. That usually means the base isn't connected to your account. Until that works, the cameras can't be connected. Have you reset the base using the reset button for 10 seconds or so until the LEDs flash amber? Let it reboot (~2 minutes) and try again. Also make sure no VPN is in use when onboarding the base or cameras. 

FWIW, I've experienced this once myself - all looked fine but couldn't onboard the base. Even called the ISP since it was their router. Turns out it was just a faulty base since a different one worked right away.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation