Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4 Pro 2 cameras are not recording to library consistently. Motion detected and record video checked.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Guide
Guide

I have changed no settings recently, but have increased sensitivity which is currently at 85.  I can go outside and see me moving around on my phone, but nothing seems to be recorded!  Something must of changed however, but I am lost at how to record to the library.  I have no filters on.

I have the box checked for each camera for "motion is detected".

I also have the box checked to "record video".

I also have the box checked to "push notification" alert.

I sure could use some help!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@8711 wrote:

Addressing your question above, I would not receive notification on my phone and thus no video would show up in my address book.

I think you must mean "library", and not "address book"

Recordings definitely can be saved in the library even when you don't get a notification on your phone.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

This was working before?

Can you make manual recordings, and then view them?

Guide
Guide
Currently have two cameras that video goes to the library. The main ones in the front however, will not record any video to the library.

I am not sure how to make "Manual" recordings! Under "filter" I see there is a "manual" setting. Do I have to "check" that to make a "Manual" setting?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The filter just filters what videos you see in the library (hiding files that don't match the filter).  It has nothing to do with what files are recorded.

When you live stream a camera, there is a record icon that appears. In the web ui, it's immediately to the left of the camera icon. You click on it to make a manual recording, and click on it again to end it.

Guide
Guide
Thanks for your good explanation. I did not know that was there.
So I manually recorded, and it did show up in the library!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@8711 wrote:
Thanks for your good explanation. I did not know that was there.
So I manually recorded, and it did show up in the library!

Good.  But you should be seeing motion notifications and recordings if the cameras are armed.  Are you seeing those?

Guide
Guide
The cameras are armed, but still see no notifications
The notifications always showed up in the library before showing the number of notifications!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@8711 wrote:
The cameras are armed, but still see no notifications

Notifications and recordings are related, but aren't the same thing.

Are you seeing motion recordings in the library, but not getting the corresponding notifications?

Or are you getting notifications, but no corresponding recordings?

@8711 wrote:
The notifications always showed up in the library before showing the number of notifications!

I'm not sure what you mean by this part, can you explain a bit more?

Guide
Guide
Since our last conversation, I have been trying all sort of things. I have been receiving notifications now from three of my cameras after I removed the batteries and re synced the the units. This is a pain to due as I have to get on a latter to accomplish this. I will now try the same procedure to the last one that gives me no notifications.

I have always been able to see myself walking around on manual photo on all four cameras, but have not been able to see any notifications show up on my phone and neither do I end up with any videos in my library. on the app!

Addressing your question above, I would not receive notification on my phone and thus no video would show up in my address book. Now I will work on the forth camera.

Thanks for your help!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@8711 wrote:

Addressing your question above, I would not receive notification on my phone and thus no video would show up in my address book.

I think you must mean "library", and not "address book"

Recordings definitely can be saved in the library even when you don't get a notification on your phone.

Guide
Guide
You are correct.

Thanks for your help!
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation