Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tomasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

After spending way too much time messing about trying to get motion sensing to work the way I want it to, I looked up the absolute motion sensing distance limit... I wish I had paid attention to that when/before I bought the kit. 23 feet is pretty short.

My yard happens to be like 70 feet long and I am/was planning on placing a camera on the side of my shed in the back of the yard about 12-14 feet up. Best I can get is motion sorta working near the front of the stairs to my front door. Disappointing to say the least.

I previously tried having camera installed about 10 feet behind my front door but it seemed a little insecure there and the angle the camera has to be positioned at is a bit funky. Not to mention the fact that the motion sensing is terrible at noticing direct in/out movement.

Feh.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The use of PIR sensors have these limitations, same as with motion detection lights, etc. It's the technology and nothing can be done to make it better.

Tomasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah. That's why I'm disappointed. Had so much hope, and I failed to read the specs fully. Sigh.

Tomasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last night was fun. No triggering at all when walking up to the door and messing around waiting to open the door etc.. then this morning there were a ton. seemingly being triggered by nothing or wind. Sigh.

I may still try it closer to the door to see if it behaves adequately.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation