Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KurtICT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was not impressed with video on Arlo Pro, so added an Arlo Pro 2 camera. The video doesn't seem any better. Do I need the base station for Arlo pro 2 to get 1080p?
5 REPLIES 5
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
No you do not
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you want 1080 recording, be sure to select Best video in Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings.

KurtICT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did that, but the picture still doesn't look much better.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The difference isn't going to be huge - you're going from ~1megapixel reolution to 2 megapixels, and then it still gets compressed. Location/positioning may be part of this since trying to take a large view with the camera just makes everything smaller. Be sure to concentrate the camera view on what's really important.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I also didn't find the image looked much better, especially when you see the compression artifacts, but then I did a side by side comparison in my driveway and watched cars coming and going and looked at the point at where the number plate became unreadable. The Pro 2 definitely resolves the number plate clearly at a greater distance. The visible effect of the 1080 resolution is also decreased by the fact that the Pro 2 as a wider FOV

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation