Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Features Request : Critical alert notification

Hello,

I understand that now there is email notification per Camera.

If i choose it - I gem motion detect alert, Low battery alert and etc...

Sometimes camera is instaled in place that there is many motion detects, and receve thousands emails per day it's not so logical but we still want receive critical alert like lo battery.

I think it's will be nice feature.

Comments
Gigi
Guide

I got a low battery alert and about a minute later, the battery was dead. What's the point of the alert if the battery goes dead within minutes of the alert? Is this going to be fixed? Thank you.

KTNPATH
Novice
This shows as implimented back in February, but I do not have the feature, even though I've updated to the latest version of the app. I contacted support on chat and they said the feature has been removed (Again? - or never actually added back?) Whats the story? If this feature isn't available I will be returning the system and going with a different company that doesn't falsely advertise its features when buying 😠
JGC2000
Apprentice

@KTNPATH : I just got a 15% low battery notification yesterday so it is working for me.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

@KTNPATH,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with receiving low battery alerts. I have also tested this feature and it appears to be working as expected on my system as well. One thing you may want to do (if you haven't done so already) is add "alerts@arlo.com" to your email account's safe list. You can do this by adding "alerts@arlo.com" to your contact list within your email account so that email address should not block emails from that exact address. 

If the email notifications are still not being received please send me a private message with your contact information and I can work with you directly to further troubleshoot this issue.

I look forward to your next update,

Best Regards,

ChristineT

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

sfchew
Follower

Hello, where is the toggle to turn on the low battery email alert? Thank-you

JamesC
Community Manager

sfchew,

There is no toggle for this feature. It is enabled by default.

JamesC

J-me
Aspirant

I just got low battery notification and now as 0% left  why the late notification this doesn't help much yesterday said battery was over 50% and didn't run it all night till this morning and now battery is dead. 

JamesC
Community Manager

J-me,

How far away from the base station is the camera? What kind of batteries are you using?

JamesC

bethbord
Fledgling

I used to recieve helpful emails regarding low battery life. Now I have no way of knowing when they're low or offline without constantly checking. Please help make these cameras more useful by helping me keep them running!