Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disable Notifications (Not Email) For Shared Cameras

I would like to put in a request for a feature to disable notifications for shared cameras. I have 6 shared cameras and I do not want to be alerted for those.

You can review my community post on this annoying issue here - https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/No-Option-To-Disable-Notification-Alerts-For-Shared-Cameras/m...

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice

I’m surprised this is not already an option.  I hope this gets implemented real soon, maybe tomorrow?

@adocorp wrote:

I would like to put in a request for a feature to disable notifications for shared cameras. I have 6 shared cameras and I do not want to be alerted for those.

You can review my community post on this annoying issue here - https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/No-Option-To-Disable-Notification-Alerts-For-Shared-Cameras/m...

Tripippin
Fledgling
Reviving this request, it is much needed. I’d rather not sell our systems and switch to another brand.
Osussat
Guide

Really surprised this feature isn’t already implemented. My family are sharing their Arlo devices with me to help keep an eye on each other’s homes. Getting our own alerts is busy enough, without getting theirs too! Would be super useful to be able to turn theirs off on my device.

arkar
Initiate

Just bought my cameras. I can't believe this is not already available. Its a basic function. I feel like returning them now.

Aaronb_ca
Novice

I am running into this issue - my father shares his camera with me, but his alerts keep waking me up at night. Alerts need to be user specific. This issue has been in the forums for almost 3 years now. Do i really need to switch to another vender (for myself and my father)?

ghaugen
Novice

I'm running into this problem as well for a long time.  I share a camera with my mother to help keep an eye on her house when she's away but I don't want alerts while she's in town.  When she is home I get about 2-5 alerts a day when she comes home but being able to mute her device manually would alleviate these messages and pay attention to the relevant ones to my home.

KateFace
Novice

Any update on this? I'm managing a friend's cameras on top of my own as an administrator. I don't need the same level of notifications for their cameras as my own. 

nrvous00
Aspirant

The notifications on Arlo are useless without this feature.

knowlimits
Initiate

This is a much-needed feature.  Being able to control how notifications are handled when you have shared Arlo systems is a need.  I don't need a notification every time a remote camera that is shared with me triggers per the user's selected mode settings.  I may just want to look at the shared cameras periodically to check on things while the main user of the device wants to be notified all the time of events.  A simple toggle for each shared camera to enable/disable notifications would be appreciated.