Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
agchino03
Novice

Similar situation, on my phone when it is charging at night, if an alert comes in, I don't know if it is an email, a text message, a twitter notification, or Arlo alerting me that there is a burglar at my front door.  The ability to customize the notification on the phone app would be a reallly good feature.

0x520x430x45
Aspirant

Come on Netgear, get it together. Allow for the customization of alert tones, as well as the disabling of "vibrate" when my sound is on. I shouldn't have to completely log out of the app to stop alerts.

Deathnote128
Aspirant
Please ad this asap. I get the same sound for lots of things and want a custom sound so i know when its Arlo. Please Netgear hurry.
WadeShuler
Star

+1 for this too. The alert sounds should be able to be changed for each camera individually. I don't care so much about my driveway, but my front door or windows, I want to be able to play a "your about to die, wake up, wake up" alarm.

sh1978
Novice

I agree, it's hard to know how to difference between a regular notification vs. other notifications.

Alpo wrote:

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

RedRider
Fledgling
You think this would be standard. Please add this adapt!
RedRider
Fledgling
I meant ASAP. Slow us to edit posts as well.
RedRider
Fledgling
Argghh!
efciv
Fledgling

Another vote for being able to change alert tone.

Kayem
Follower

Have only had the camera one day and already I dislike not being able to differentiate between a text or other apps' notifications and an alert that someone is at my front door. Please add the option to set a custom sound and also an easy toggle on off for these alerts within the app settings. Thank you