Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Automations in new app - I cannot get automations to reliably work

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Davdi
Follower
Follower

I cannot get automations to reliably work for a custom schedule. The cameras are more often off than on and seem to come on when they like. The new app has a horrendous interface that I can’t get to work and I presume is designed by someone who never leaves home. The old app was flawless and easy. It appears at this point of time I have wasted my money. Any surggestiosn?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The biggest thing to know about the new schedules is that you need one to start a time period and then another one to start the next one - you don't ever "stop" a period. So, let's say you want all cameras armed at 10 PM and then only certain ones at 7 AM. You can use Arm Away for the nighttime schedule and Arm Home for daytime. Arm Away automatically gets all cameras added to it but no other mode does so edit Arm Home to place appropriate rules for the needed cameras in there. Then set up the schedules with the nighttime one changing the mode to Arm Away and the daytime one to change to Arm Home. If you just want all cameras off, choose the Standby mode to change to and verify that it has no rules in it. Here's an FAQ that may help:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062942/How-do-I-add-a-Schedule-Automation-to-my-Arlo-system