Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential outdoor 2nd gen and older app not working

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
one3xi
Follower
Follower

I have two older verizon Arlo GO cameras that have been working perfect for years firmware 1.096.3.2_1.8.65.0_4 Hardware H6 Model VMC2030 

. I purchased a new Essential XL outdoor camera 2nd Gen and am trying to add to my Arlo app...It says it needs to update to the latest app, however the update stops because the firmware for the other cameras wont work with the new app. Help please

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

one3xi,

At this time Arlo Go cameras are not compatible with the new Arlo mobile app user interface that is required for installing the 2nd Generation Arlo Essential cameras. The development team is working toward a solution for this issue.

To use your 2nd generation devices, you can create a new Arlo account and that will allow you to onboard the new cameras.

JamesC

UriF
Initiate
Initiate

Do you have an update on when the new app will allow us to utitlse our Arlo Go? I have two cameras that I can no longer arm as a result of this.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UriF,

Not at this time. Stay tuned for an announcement here on the community once we have more information available.

JamesC

Cjmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t understand how using a 2nd account is going to allow me to use my H6 cameras after upgrading the Arlo application so that I can add the Arlo Essential 2nd generation cameras I just bought. Please explain more.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cjmc wrote:

I don’t understand how using a 2nd account is going to allow me to use my H6 cameras after upgrading the Arlo application so that I can add the Arlo Essential 2nd generation cameras I just bought. Please explain more.  

You don't need a second account, you can just add the 2nd gen camera to your existing account.

That said,

1. The account will be migrated to the new Feed (4.0) user experience.  That only has three modes, and users are reporting issues getting geofencing+scheduling to work correctly
  2. If you are running cameras with free 7-day storage, that feature is limited to 5 unsubscribed cameras per account.  One workaround if you are in that situation is to create a second account for some of the cameras, and then share access using the "friend" account feature.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation