Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cable issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LarsWik
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, Since the batteries on the Arlo Go are discontinued I’m using a power bank to the able to have the cameras out for longer periods of time. I’m however experiencing some issues with cables that works with this set up. I’ve tested more than seven different ones and can only get two of them to work. One is unbranded and the other is one was an original cable that came with a chrome cast. Is there any certain brands or specs to look for? (The powerbanks work flawlessly when charging other electronics) #arlogo #cable #powerbank
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's been a long time but I believe the connector is very tight and hard to insert. Part of that issue is the size of the connector which may cause a 3rd party cable to need to be trimmed. I don't remember but does the original charging cable seem to have an extended connector (the metal part) compared to any others?
LarsWik
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is of course another aspect of the issue. The selection of potential third party cables becomes quite limited since the fitting is very snug. There’s a defined “click” when connected so they are properly inserted. I do get the cables to work when connected to a wall socket, also there’s an initial IR-flash when you connect it with the powerbank. But it fails to start afterwards.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I wouldn't have expected the IR LEDs to flash when connected, just a brief blue flash indicating power was connected. Any chance there's a button on the power bank to push to turn it on, just to be sure?
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation