Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
island1
Guide
Guide

So I had a thread but Arlo posted the issue solved.  I sent an email with attachments showing their fix didn't work.

I have multiple arlo go cams and can not trigger alarm via the mobile app.  It used to work great about 6 months ago.

Yes, you can pull down and see the alarm button now that they updated app but pressing DOES NOT give the pop up to select which camera to trigger. Yes I updated to the most current version, Yes I rebooted my phone, Yes I relogged into the app.

I can trigger the alarm from the website so I know the function is there....but the programming of the Arlo mobile app is flawed.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't tell us what app, device or OS. I just tried the Android app and it works fine. The cameras never had an alarm capability, just the base.

If you mean having a specific camera trigger the siren, that's in your modes an rules.

Edit - My response was based on your selection of the VMB3000. If you mean the Go, tat's different.

island1
Guide
Guide

Sorry, Yes it's for the Arlo GO camera.  The arlo support page wouldn't show that model to select for opening the issue?!?

IOS 12.1  on Iphone 8

Arlo App is most updated version.

I have 4 Arlo Go cams with alarm functionality.  I can trigger from Web Application on computer, but the IOS app is flawed and doesn't work.  I emailed a video of the attempt to make it work for my previous case but Arlo has yet to respond.

island1
Guide
Guide

Here is a link to the app's failure to trigger alarm.  This is the most current verson of the Arlo app on a IOS/apple device with current OS update as of 12/26/18.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @island1,

I have sent you a reply back via private message regarding the problem you're having with the alarm not working.

island1
Guide
Guide
I got your private msg. My iOS is updated to the most current version. As well as the cameras are updated to current version, as is arlo app. Still doesn’t work.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I have sent you a PM (private message) a few days ago letting you know your case info. Our team will reach out to you as soon as they can once they finish reviewing your case. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

R8V10plus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello I have a Arlo Go Vodafone camera
I use it via my apple iPhone X.
The alarm tap for the siren comes down but when you press it nothing happens and siren does not sound.
All firmware is up to date and I have the latest app version.
I have read other users are having same issue. Please advise a fix
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue where some users are experiencing that the Arlo siren is not working on Arlo iOS app. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation